After buying bike what we must do is to keep tab on petrol consumption. This will save you a lot of money and also you will also contribute towards saving the world against Global Warming. Here are some things you can do to reduce petrol consumption and which will eventually result in healthy life for your vehicle.
- At any speed try to stay in as high gear, avoid driving in low gear as possible without bike giving jerks.
- As much as possible reduce the use of brakes. Or keep brakes as free as possible.
- Always keep air pressure in tires as per the recommended level because lesser air in tires creates higher resistance and consume more petrol.
- Sleeping of clutch also contribute in wasting of petrol so keep the clutch well adjusted.
- Change Engine Oil on recommended intervals.
- Use genuine engine oil so there will be lesser friction in engine.
- Clean air filter regularly.
- Keep drive chain and sprockets regularly and lubricate it with grease.
- Clean the carburetor regularly.
- Clean spark plug regularly in every 2000km.
In short keep your bike and bike parts cleaned and well lubricated in regular intervals.