Types Of Plastics
- Type 1 is PET and PETE or polyethylene. Such type of plastics are commonly used in water bottles.
- Type 2 is HDPE or high density polyethylene. Commonly used in trash and shopping bags. Also in the milk jugs.
- Type 3 is PVC or polyvinylchloride. PVC piping is the most common form of this plastic type.
- Type 4 is LDPE or low density polyethylene. This type is used in the packaging of frozen food.
- Type 5 is polypropylene of PP. Tupperware, disposable cups, etc. are some examples of polypropylene.
- Type 6 is PS or polystyrene. These plastics are use in egg cartons and packing peanuts.
- Type 7 refers to all the remaining types of plastic.